This Is What Happens When People Visit, Celebrate Thanksgiving, Party, And Face No Penalties. Infection Count, Death Toll Expected To Rise Significantly.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida is sick and dying according to the latest numbers just released by the Florida Department of Health.
For tests logged in Florida on Thursday, 11,420 new COVID-19 positive results were recorded with 123 deaths. Those are the highest in both categories in months.
There are now 19,714 dead in Florida from COVD-19. 1,106,396 are infected.
In Palm Beach County, 695 new cases were logged — also a record over the past few months — with 10 new deaths. There are now 71,691 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,766 deaths.
Palm Beach County’s positivity rate is now 7.85 percent based on Thursday’s tests. Florida statewide reports a 7.90 percent positivity rate.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens