This Is What Happens When People Visit, Celebrate Thanksgiving, Party, And Face No Penalties. Infection Count, Death Toll Expected To Rise Significantly.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida is sick and dying according to the latest numbers just released by the Florida Department of Health.
For tests logged in Florida on Thursday, 11,420 new COVID-19 positive results were recorded with 123 deaths. Those are the highest in both categories in months.
There are now 19,714 dead in Florida from COVD-19. 1,106,396 are infected.
In Palm Beach County, 695 new cases were logged — also a record over the past few months — with 10 new deaths. There are now 71,691 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,766 deaths.
Palm Beach County’s positivity rate is now 7.85 percent based on Thursday’s tests. Florida statewide reports a 7.90 percent positivity rate.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge