BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Parents continue to send sick kids to school in the Palm Beach County School District, and those sick kids continue to raise the numbers of COVID cases documented in elementary, middle and high schools. Boca Raton Community High School now reports 32 COVID-19 cases — the highest number of any school in the school district. Calusa Elementary, where parents are inexplicably sending their kids to school in greater numbers than almost any other school in the district, now reports 21 COVID-19 cases.
As of Saturday morning, December 12, 2020, the Palm Beach County School District reports 1,061 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the less than three months since “brick and mortar” education began. Most students continue to learn from home. The schools with the highest number of cases tend to be those where parents have decided to send their kids to school.
Among the other notable schools in the extended Boca Raton area:
Omni Middle School: 16 cases.
Hammock Pointe Elementary: 14 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 13 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary School: 13 cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary: 12 cases.
Polo Park Elementary: 11 cases.
West Boca Raton Community High School: 9 cases.
Spanish River Community High School: 8 cases.
Eagles Landing Middle School: 6 cases.
Parents are now being asked to make a largely binding decision about the second half of the school year. The choice: continue with distance learning or return to school, starting in mid-January.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases