BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Parents continue to send sick kids to school in the Palm Beach County School District, and those sick kids continue to raise the numbers of COVID cases documented in elementary, middle and high schools. Boca Raton Community High School now reports 32 COVID-19 cases — the highest number of any school in the school district. Calusa Elementary, where parents are inexplicably sending their kids to school in greater numbers than almost any other school in the district, now reports 21 COVID-19 cases.
As of Saturday morning, December 12, 2020, the Palm Beach County School District reports 1,061 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the less than three months since “brick and mortar” education began. Most students continue to learn from home. The schools with the highest number of cases tend to be those where parents have decided to send their kids to school.
Among the other notable schools in the extended Boca Raton area:
Omni Middle School: 16 cases.
Hammock Pointe Elementary: 14 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 13 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary School: 13 cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary: 12 cases.
Polo Park Elementary: 11 cases.
West Boca Raton Community High School: 9 cases.
Spanish River Community High School: 8 cases.
Eagles Landing Middle School: 6 cases.
Parents are now being asked to make a largely binding decision about the second half of the school year. The choice: continue with distance learning or return to school, starting in mid-January.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car