BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Adonis Batista attempted to flee from a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Detective on Saturday who was serving a warrant, according to an affidavit of probable cause. Batista locked himself into his car, then sped away — only to crash into a van.
Batista was wanted for “possession of a weapon by a convicted felon” on a warrant issued by Delray Beach Police. As the PBSO detective approached Batista, Batista entered his 2017 Chevy Malibu, locked the door, and refused to respond to the Detective who identified himself as law enforcement. Batista then fled from the 22700 block of SW 66th Avenue, only to crash into a parked van on SW 65th Way — just a few blocks away. Batista then apparently tried to run away on foot, but ended up in someone’s fenced off backyard where he was nabbed by police.
Batista was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 4:49 p.m. on Saturday. He was released on $1,000 bond at 1 a.m. Sunday.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County
- KINGS POINT: Another Arrest For Alleged Violent Crime
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN EFFECT