BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Adonis Batista attempted to flee from a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Detective on Saturday who was serving a warrant, according to an affidavit of probable cause. Batista locked himself into his car, then sped away — only to crash into a van.
Batista was wanted for “possession of a weapon by a convicted felon” on a warrant issued by Delray Beach Police. As the PBSO detective approached Batista, Batista entered his 2017 Chevy Malibu, locked the door, and refused to respond to the Detective who identified himself as law enforcement. Batista then fled from the 22700 block of SW 66th Avenue, only to crash into a parked van on SW 65th Way — just a few blocks away. Batista then apparently tried to run away on foot, but ended up in someone’s fenced off backyard where he was nabbed by police.
Batista was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 4:49 p.m. on Saturday. He was released on $1,000 bond at 1 a.m. Sunday.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges