BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Adonis Batista attempted to flee from a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Detective on Saturday who was serving a warrant, according to an affidavit of probable cause. Batista locked himself into his car, then sped away — only to crash into a van.
Batista was wanted for “possession of a weapon by a convicted felon” on a warrant issued by Delray Beach Police. As the PBSO detective approached Batista, Batista entered his 2017 Chevy Malibu, locked the door, and refused to respond to the Detective who identified himself as law enforcement. Batista then fled from the 22700 block of SW 66th Avenue, only to crash into a parked van on SW 65th Way — just a few blocks away. Batista then apparently tried to run away on foot, but ended up in someone’s fenced off backyard where he was nabbed by police.
Batista was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 4:49 p.m. on Saturday. He was released on $1,000 bond at 1 a.m. Sunday.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates