BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Adonis Batista attempted to flee from a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Detective on Saturday who was serving a warrant, according to an affidavit of probable cause. Batista locked himself into his car, then sped away — only to crash into a van.
Batista was wanted for “possession of a weapon by a convicted felon” on a warrant issued by Delray Beach Police. As the PBSO detective approached Batista, Batista entered his 2017 Chevy Malibu, locked the door, and refused to respond to the Detective who identified himself as law enforcement. Batista then fled from the 22700 block of SW 66th Avenue, only to crash into a parked van on SW 65th Way — just a few blocks away. Batista then apparently tried to run away on foot, but ended up in someone’s fenced off backyard where he was nabbed by police.
Batista was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 4:49 p.m. on Saturday. He was released on $1,000 bond at 1 a.m. Sunday.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY