UPDATE: 8:25 a.m: Google’s systems are returning to normal. Expect hiccups, but increased functionality.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Initial Post 7:55 a.m. Monday, December 14, 2020) — The Palm Beach County School District just alerted 180,000 families what many early risers already know — Google is experiencing significant issues this morning with many of its services. The school district advised students and parents that Google Classroom, Gmail and Google Meet, all integral to the district’s distance learning initiatives, are experiencing widespread outages and other issues.
The problems are worldwide and not isolated to the Palm Beach County School District.
There is no immediate update from Google about its service issue which also appear to be affecting google devices like Nest Wifi systems.
Students unable to login are being advised to wait a bit and try again. We have not heard specifically from the Palm Beach County School District on the issue of attendance for those unable to appear virtually.
Here is a look at all of the services affected as of 8AM. Red dots mean there are — or were — problems.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED