BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District will likely cross the 1,100 COVID-19 case count later today, as the countdown continues to winter break. The school system ends instruction on Friday afternoon until January 4th, 2021.
While the 1100 number is cumulative since “brick and mortar” education began on September 16th, it is still an astonishingly high number in a school system were just 40 percent of the student population is engaged in in-person learning. Roughly 60 percent of the student population continues to learn from home.
Among the notable case counts at Boca Raton area schools:
Boca Raton Community High School — 32 cases (24 students, 8 employees).
Calusa Elementary — 21 cases (17 students, 4 employees).
Don Estridge Tech Middle School — 16 cases (13 students, 3 employees).
Omni Middle School — 16 cases (15 students, 1 employee).
Whispering Pines Elementary — 13 cases (9 students, 4 employees).
Boca Raton Community Middle School — 13 cases (9 students, 4 employees).
Alexander Dreyfoos School of the Arts — 11 cases (all students).
Waters Edge Elementary — 10 cases (7 students, 3 employees).
The current total COVID-19 case count is 1,090 with 626 students and 464 employees positive for COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat