BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District will likely cross the 1,100 COVID-19 case count later today, as the countdown continues to winter break. The school system ends instruction on Friday afternoon until January 4th, 2021.
While the 1100 number is cumulative since “brick and mortar” education began on September 16th, it is still an astonishingly high number in a school system were just 40 percent of the student population is engaged in in-person learning. Roughly 60 percent of the student population continues to learn from home.
Among the notable case counts at Boca Raton area schools:
Boca Raton Community High School — 32 cases (24 students, 8 employees).
Calusa Elementary — 21 cases (17 students, 4 employees).
Don Estridge Tech Middle School — 16 cases (13 students, 3 employees).
Omni Middle School — 16 cases (15 students, 1 employee).
Whispering Pines Elementary — 13 cases (9 students, 4 employees).
Boca Raton Community Middle School — 13 cases (9 students, 4 employees).
Alexander Dreyfoos School of the Arts — 11 cases (all students).
Waters Edge Elementary — 10 cases (7 students, 3 employees).
The current total COVID-19 case count is 1,090 with 626 students and 464 employees positive for COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages