Florida, Palm Beach County Record Significant Increases While DeSantis Tells Restaurant Workers They Are More Important Than Stopping COVID-19 Spread
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Tuesday suggested that keeping restaurant workers employed is more important than stopping the spread of COVID-19, 122 people statewide died from the virus. The infection count in Florida grew by 11,344. That is the second highest new infection count in at least two weeks. The positivity rate for tests logged on Tuesday is 9.28 percent.
In Palm Beach County, where DeSantis spoke from Okeechobee Steakhouse on Tuesday, 453 new infections were logged along with 11 new deaths. The positivity rate rose to 8.28 percent for tests recorded on Tuesday.
Statewide, at least 1,155,335 people have now tested positive for COVID-19. 20,204 people in Florida have died. In Palm Beach County, 73,998 infections are on the ebooks with 1,796 deaths.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate has jumped from 11.3-percent to 12.1-percent. The Florida Department of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Agatha, Near Mexico, May Be One To Watch
- TRAVEL: Flight Delays, Cancellations Mount In South Florida
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal