Florida, Palm Beach County Record Significant Increases While DeSantis Tells Restaurant Workers They Are More Important Than Stopping COVID-19 Spread
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Tuesday suggested that keeping restaurant workers employed is more important than stopping the spread of COVID-19, 122 people statewide died from the virus. The infection count in Florida grew by 11,344. That is the second highest new infection count in at least two weeks. The positivity rate for tests logged on Tuesday is 9.28 percent.
In Palm Beach County, where DeSantis spoke from Okeechobee Steakhouse on Tuesday, 453 new infections were logged along with 11 new deaths. The positivity rate rose to 8.28 percent for tests recorded on Tuesday.
Statewide, at least 1,155,335 people have now tested positive for COVID-19. 20,204 people in Florida have died. In Palm Beach County, 73,998 infections are on the ebooks with 1,796 deaths.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate has jumped from 11.3-percent to 12.1-percent. The Florida Department of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing