DeSantis Plays On As Hospitals Fill Up
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s available ICU capacity as of 6 a.m. Thursday is just 16.7-percent, a dangerously low level as COVID-19 infections continue to soar across the state. Health officials say ICU availability under 25 percent is a problem.
5,147 people in Florida are currently hospitalized with “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration.
In Broward County, ICU availability is just 17.36-percent. In Miami-Dade County only 13.66-percent of ICU beds are available. ICU availability is slightly better In Palm Beach County where ACA reports a 28.8-percent availability.
Statewide, 5,099 ICU beds are currently in use with just 1,022 ICU beds remaining available.
As infection and hospitalization numbers soar across the state, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis spent Wednesday night at a high school football game, posing for photos with unmasked referees in Tallahassee. He then “Tweeted” the photo which led to several responses, including, “Great job following social distancing and mask guidelines. You lead by example like few others will. A true model for the children. Only 20k dead in Florida from COVID. Looks like you might to 100k. Keep up the tremendous work!”
Wrote another Twitter follower: “YOU. ARE. EVIL.”
And another: “What stunning darkness lives within the man who calls himself a Christian. In truth, he’s a corrupt, mass-murdering sociopath who hurried evidence of his failure to protect the citizens of Florida: ONLY TO PROTECT TRUMP.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break