BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is preparing for a mid-Friday morning news conference to announce what can best be described as “alterations” to the educational program for the second half of the school year. To keep it simple: if you’re happy with what you’re doing, you can keep doing it. If your child is having a problem with distance learning, you may be notified by the school district that your child should return to school. If you love distance learning — and many do — you can keep on keeping on. And if you want to switch to “in person” learning, that’s an option, too.
Here’s the media update sent by the school district late Thursday:
The School District of Palm Beach County is holding a news conference to provide educational updates impacting the Spring 20201 semester. Superintendent Donald Fennoy, and members of his Academic Team, will share important information that parents need before deciding if they would like their child to be educated through in-person or distance learning instruction for the second semester.
Governor Ron DeSantis extended the choice option for parents for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. The Governor’s Executive Order allowing this also mandates assurances from Districts, including encouraging the parents of students who are not making adequate progress in distance learning to return for in-person instruction.
While appropriate interventions are important for all students and are currently being performed by principals, those families who have chosen distance learning, but are continuing to struggle academically, will be prioritized for returning to in-person instruction.
Check back Friday for further updates from BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car