Palm Beach County Circuit Judge John Kastrenakes Seen Unmasked At Lawyer and Judge Holiday Party
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The plaintiffs in the ongoing litigation that efforts to invalidate the Palm Beach County mask mandate are seeking to have Judge John Kastrenakes removed from presiding over the case. The motion for removal was filed just days after BocaNewsNow.com published a photo of Judge Kastrenakes — unmasked — at a holiday party thrown by the Palm Beach County Bar Association.
The party — attended by lawyers and judges — was held at the PGA National Club.
In the photo, Judge Kastrenakes is seen standing in a buffet line while not wearing a mask.
From the motion, which you can read in its entirety below:
“On December 12, 2020, it was reported that the Honorable John S. Kastrenakes — the Judge before whom the above captioned case is pending — recently attended an in-person holiday party in Palm Beach County, Florida, and was not wearing a mask where social distancing was not possible or being practiced, in violation of the Order at issue in this case.”
“As the trier of fact in the above-captioned auction, Judge John S. Kastrenakes’ conduct in publicly flaunting the Order at issue in the above-captioned action shows the Judge’s undue bias, prejudice or sympathy for other public officials and individuals who may be called as witnesses in the action, including but not limited to members of the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners who have similarly not complied with the mask mandate and/or have selectively or discriminatory enforced the Order at issue in this case.”
The motion was filed Friday morning, December 18, 2020. Read the complete motion, below. If you are reading in a news app, click here.Motion-To-Disqualify
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge