Palm Beach County Circuit Judge John Kastrenakes Seen Unmasked At Lawyer and Judge Holiday Party
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The plaintiffs in the ongoing litigation that efforts to invalidate the Palm Beach County mask mandate are seeking to have Judge John Kastrenakes removed from presiding over the case. The motion for removal was filed just days after BocaNewsNow.com published a photo of Judge Kastrenakes — unmasked — at a holiday party thrown by the Palm Beach County Bar Association.
The party — attended by lawyers and judges — was held at the PGA National Club.
In the photo, Judge Kastrenakes is seen standing in a buffet line while not wearing a mask.
From the motion, which you can read in its entirety below:
“On December 12, 2020, it was reported that the Honorable John S. Kastrenakes — the Judge before whom the above captioned case is pending — recently attended an in-person holiday party in Palm Beach County, Florida, and was not wearing a mask where social distancing was not possible or being practiced, in violation of the Order at issue in this case.”
“As the trier of fact in the above-captioned auction, Judge John S. Kastrenakes’ conduct in publicly flaunting the Order at issue in the above-captioned action shows the Judge’s undue bias, prejudice or sympathy for other public officials and individuals who may be called as witnesses in the action, including but not limited to members of the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners who have similarly not complied with the mask mandate and/or have selectively or discriminatory enforced the Order at issue in this case.”
The motion was filed Friday morning, December 18, 2020. Read the complete motion, below. If you are reading in a news app, click here.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON