Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Rises
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that Florida added 37,363 COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. That is a three day record that we believe dates back at least several months. The death count rose by 72 on Friday alone. The state’s positivity rate — based on Friday’s test recording — is 8.35 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 2073 cases were added over the past three days — also a recent record. No deaths were added on Friday, but 12 deaths have been recored in the county over the past 3 days. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County, based on Friday’s test logging, is 6.91 percent
At least 76,143 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. At least 1,816 have died. Statewide, 1,193,165 people have tested positive. The death count is now 20,473.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County has climbed to 12.2 percent. The Florida Department of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.” The rate was 12.1 percent earlier this week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?