Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Rises
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that Florida added 37,363 COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. That is a three day record that we believe dates back at least several months. The death count rose by 72 on Friday alone. The state’s positivity rate — based on Friday’s test recording — is 8.35 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 2073 cases were added over the past three days — also a recent record. No deaths were added on Friday, but 12 deaths have been recored in the county over the past 3 days. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County, based on Friday’s test logging, is 6.91 percent
At least 76,143 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. At least 1,816 have died. Statewide, 1,193,165 people have tested positive. The death count is now 20,473.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County has climbed to 12.2 percent. The Florida Department of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.” The rate was 12.1 percent earlier this week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested