After Brief Decline, Cases, Hospitalizations Rising
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 291 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County early Monday morning with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is a significant rise in the number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 over the past few days. Broward County reports 499 hospitalizations. Miami-Dade reports 957.
The ICU availability in Palm Beach County is better Monday morning than it has been over the past several weeks, with 34 percent of the area’s ICU beds available as of 6:02 a.m. According to official numbers, 264 ICU beds are in use with 136 available. In Broward County, 399 beds are in use with 77 available. In Miami-Dade County, 796 ICU beds are in use with 153 available.
In Palm Beach County, Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available; Delray Medical Center reports 32 ICU beds in use with 8 available; West Boca Medical Center reports 7 ICU beds in use with 9 available; Bethesda West reports 7 ICU beds in use with 3 beds available.
Statewide, a total of 46,120 hospital beds (ICU and general) are in use early Monday morning with 14,822 available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN