Despite Claims By Governor DeSantis that Elderly Come First, Only 1,642 Administered To Those 75 And Older. 10,000 To Those 35-44.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 43,716 people have received the first dose of a COVID-19 shot in Florida. The statistics, released by the Florida Department of Health, reveal that the majority of those having received a shot so far are between the ages of 35 and 44. While the assumption is that most of these people are healthcare workers, the State of Florida — perhaps inexplicably — is not releasing that data.
The information does reveal that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ claim that the elderly would come first seems to be untrue. Only 1642 shots have been administered to those 75 or older, while those 35-44 have received more than 10,000 shots.
By the numbers as of 7am Monday, December 21, 2020 (the current report):
Age 16-24 — 1,094 shots administered.
Age 25-34 — 9,131 shots administered.
Age 35-44 — 10,134 shots administered.
Age 45-54 — 9,719 shots administered.
Age 55-64 — 8,825 shots administered.
Age 65-74 — 3,171 shots administered.
Age 75-84 — 886 shots administered.
Age 85 and older: 756 shots administered.
Of those receiving shots, 24,900 are female, 18,642 are male, 174 are unknown.
In Palm Beach County, 852 people have received a shot since vaccines became available. The highest vaccine counts are in Miami-Dade County (10,221 vaccines given) and Broward County (7,831 vaccines given).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent