Milestone Reached In Just Three Months
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Winter Break is now underway in the Palm Beach County School District under the ominous cloud of rising COVID-19 counts. The school district reports 1,214 COVID-19 infections as of December 21, 2020. The split: 683 students and 531 employees.
The number is notable. “Brick and Mortar” education started in mid-September, which means it took just three months to reach 1,214 cases. Just 40 percent of the school district’s student population engaged in “brick and mortar” learning — everyone else continued to learn from home.
Among the standouts as the winter break starts:
Boca Raton Community High School: 32 COVID-19 Cases.
Calusa Elementary School: 22 COVID-19 Cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 17 COVID-19 Cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary School: 16 COVID-19 Cases.
Hammock Pointe Elementary: 14 COVID-19 Cases.
Polo Park Middle School: 13 COVID-19 Cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 13 COVID-19 Cases.
Olympic Heights Community High School: 13 COVID-19 Cases.
Alexander Dreyfoos Jr. School of the Arts: 11 COVID-19 Cases.
Eagles Landing Middle School: 8 COVID-19 Cases.
Waters Edge Elementary: 4 COVID-19 Cases.
The school year resumes on January 4th, when parents will be required to again choose whether their children will attend school “in person,” or take part in “distance learning,” for the rest of the 2020-2021 school year.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages