BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that another 10,772 COVID-19 cases were recorded on Sunday, bringing Florida’s total a seemingly unbelievable 1,212,581. The death count is now 20,680. That’s an increase of 112 in just one day. The positivity rate in Florida, based on tests recorded on Sunday, is 8.45 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 604 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Sunday which brings the Palm Beach County total to 77,241. The Palm Beach County death count is now 1,835 — that’s up 16. Rarely have we seen double digit death numbers in Palm Beach County over the past several months. The positivity rate based on Sunday’s reporting is 6.84 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains high — it’s 12.2 percent. It’s 13.7 percent in Broward County and 15.1 percent in Miami-Dade. The Florida Department of Health classifies anyone 18 or under as “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested