BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that another 10,772 COVID-19 cases were recorded on Sunday, bringing Florida’s total a seemingly unbelievable 1,212,581. The death count is now 20,680. That’s an increase of 112 in just one day. The positivity rate in Florida, based on tests recorded on Sunday, is 8.45 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 604 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Sunday which brings the Palm Beach County total to 77,241. The Palm Beach County death count is now 1,835 — that’s up 16. Rarely have we seen double digit death numbers in Palm Beach County over the past several months. The positivity rate based on Sunday’s reporting is 6.84 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains high — it’s 12.2 percent. It’s 13.7 percent in Broward County and 15.1 percent in Miami-Dade. The Florida Department of Health classifies anyone 18 or under as “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat