Kirk Charged In Crash That Ultimately Killed Him. Previously Convicted Of DUI, Driving With Suspended License.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lake Worth resident Shaun Kirk, 39, just died from injuries sustained in a crash on December 9th. The crash occurred at the intersection of Linton Blvd. and South Jog Road.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Kirk was driving his Honda motorcycle southbound on Jog Road near the intersection of Linton Boulevard in the center “through lane.” For reasons that remain unclear, Kirk “took evasive action and braked heavily as he approached the intersection, lost control and was ejected from the motorcycle. Both Kirk and the motorcycle slid to a final rest into the intersection of Linton and South Jog Road,” according to a police report.
Police say Kirk was transported to Delray Medical Center for “life threatening injuries.” He was pronounced “brain dead” on December 20th, 2020.
Anyone with information — or anyone who witnessed the crash — is asked to call or email investigator Sean Ramsey at 561-681-4540 or email Ramseys (at) pbso.org
Public records show that Kirk was arrested multiple times on a variety of charges in Palm Beach County. He most recently was charged with “traffic criminal” offenses for driving a motorcycle without a license, riding without a helmet and riding without insurance. Those tickets were issued just three days prior to his death and stem from a crash on December 9th — the day of his now fatal wreck.
Kirk was also arrested in 2014 for aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, fleeing an officer with lights and sirens active, and driving with a suspended license. While prosecutors ultimately chose not to prosecute those cases, he was arrested on a DUI charge in 2012 where he was found guilty. He was also booked into jail in 2014 for driving on a suspended license. He was found guilty.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog