BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health continues to report that Floridians aged 54 and younger are the primary recipients of COVID-19 vaccine so far, with the 65+ group making up just a small percentage of the 68,133 shots given so far.
The latest numbers dramatically contradict an order by Governor Ron DeSantis calling for those age 65 and older to get the vaccine first. The order was a verbal suggestion before Wednesday when the official executive order was signed.
Don’t be surprised if the Florida Department of Health changes its reporting policies in the days ahead.
For now, we have a clear look at who is getting the vaccine:
Ages 16-24 — 2,270 shots given.
Ages 25-34 — 13,400 shots given.
Ages 35-44 — 15,177 shots given.
Ages 45-54 — 14,781 shots given.
Ages 55-64 — 14,041 shots given.
Ages 65-74 — 5,278 shots given.
Ages 75-84 — 1,807 shots given.
Age 85 and older — 1,439 shots given.
American Indian/Alaskan — 188.
As expected, the Florida Department of Health reports that no second dose has been administered at this point.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN