Dramatic Rise In Palm Beach County ICU Admissions For COVID-19
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” has climbed from the 280s just days ago to 316 as of 6:30 a.m. That is a significant climb and suggests the COVID situation in Palm Beach County is heading in a very dangerous direction.
The data is supplied by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
The State of Florida also reports that 1,002 people are hospitalized with COVID as the primary diagnosis in Miami-Dade and 500 in Broward County.
In Palm Beach County, the ICU situation is challenging for health care works, but not quite as dire has it had been, with 30.7 percent of all ICU beds currently available, although West Boca Medical Center and Bethesda West are at capacity Wednesday morning. Delray Medical Center reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available. Wellington reports 21 ICU beds in use with 7 available.
In Broward County, 14.68 percent of ICU beds are available. In Miami-Dade, 15.13 percent are available.
Statewide, a total of 47,792 hospital beds are in use — both ICU and general care, with 13,818 available
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing