Dramatic Rise In Palm Beach County ICU Admissions For COVID-19
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” has climbed from the 280s just days ago to 316 as of 6:30 a.m. That is a significant climb and suggests the COVID situation in Palm Beach County is heading in a very dangerous direction.
The data is supplied by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
The State of Florida also reports that 1,002 people are hospitalized with COVID as the primary diagnosis in Miami-Dade and 500 in Broward County.
In Palm Beach County, the ICU situation is challenging for health care works, but not quite as dire has it had been, with 30.7 percent of all ICU beds currently available, although West Boca Medical Center and Bethesda West are at capacity Wednesday morning. Delray Medical Center reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 31 ICU beds in use with 10 available. Wellington reports 21 ICU beds in use with 7 available.
In Broward County, 14.68 percent of ICU beds are available. In Miami-Dade, 15.13 percent are available.
Statewide, a total of 47,792 hospital beds are in use — both ICU and general care, with 13,818 available
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Forms, Tropical Wave Still Watched South Of Florida
- Bedner’s Farm In Boynton Beach Sued Over Petting Zoo Incident
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida