315 People Hospitalized With A Primary Diagnosis of COVID-19 In Palm Beach County
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Intensive Care Units in Palm Beach County are nearing what public health officials call the “danger zone,” capacity over 75 percent. It’s not the first time that ICU’s in the area are filling up, but is a dangerous marker as vacationers come to the area and may be in need of emergent medical care.
As of 6:18 Thursday morning, Palm Beach County has an ICU availability of 26.43 percent. 315 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Neighboring Broward County reports an ICU availability of just 14.26 percent. Miami-Dade reports an availability of 16.18 percent.
Here are the latest numbers from the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. These numbers change throughout the day.
West Boca Medical Center: 16 ICU beds in use, none available.
Wellington: 23 ICU beds in use, 5 available.
Delray Medical Center: 44 ICU beds in use, 8 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 32 ICU beds in use, 9 available.
Bethesda East: 17 ICU beds in use, 22 available.
Bethesda West: 8 ICU beds in use, 2 available.
Jupiter Medical Center: 20 ICU beds in use, 11 available.
The 75 percent in use/25 percent availability number is considered to be an important marker, as hospitals need ICU beds for non-COVID crises. A bus crash, a plane crash, a fire in a home with several occupants or a multi-car accident could cause the needs for major emergency care. If there isn’t room in an ICU, patients may not receive the care they desperately need.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again