BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Christmas day starts, anyone who isn’t Santa Claus, or on other official business, is now subject to a curfew in Broward County. Officials are encouraging residents to report large gatherings or businesses that are not in compliance with COVID rules and restrictions over the next week. Anyone traveling from Palm Beach County into Broward County should be aware of the new rules and regulations in effect.
Here is the official curfew announcement from Broward County:
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Broward County has imposed a curfew, beginning Christmas Eve until January 4, 2021. The curfew is from midnight to 5AM daily, except for Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, when the curfew is 1AM to 5PM. Residents can report curfew and group gathering violations throughout this period to the Non-Emergency Law Enforcement Number for the municipality in which the establishment is located. Residents are also encouraged to report business violations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the website or mobile app, MyBroward.Broward.org. The Broward County COVID-19 Hotline is open 7 days a week from 8AM to 10PM with the exception of Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, when it will close at 6PM, and Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, when it will be closed all day.
While there is no curfew in effect for Palm Beach County — with the exception of the Town of Palm Beach — the COVID Compliance hotline remains open. Call 561-24-COVID to report business or other significant violations. Large parties or gatherings should be reported to your local police department. Please use the form below to send information — and photos — to BocaNewsNow.com. If you are reading this in a news app, click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car