BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 hospitalization count in Palm Beach fell under 300 for the first time in a week, according to data provided by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
According to information accurate as of 10:15 a.m. Saturday, December 26th, 2020, there are 295 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID.” That is a notable drop from nearly 320 over the past several days. However, there is no indication as to whether the drop is related to death, recovery, or a combination of the two.
There is no indication as to whether the drop is related to death, recovery, or a combination of the two.
In neighboring Broward County, 535 people are hospitalized for COVID-19 Saturday morning. The census is 965 in Miami-Dade.
ICU availability has also slightly improved in Palm Beach County. Again, there is no way to determine whether that’s a result of patients dying or being relocated to “non-ICU” sections of a hospital. Florida reports 36 percent availability in Palm Beach County. Bethesda West shows 9 ICU beds in use with one available. West Boca Medical Center reports 12 ICU beds in use with 4 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 29 ICU beds in use with 12 available. Delray Medical Center reports 43 ICU beds in use and 8 available.
Note: these numbers change throughout the day, but are accurate as of 10:16 a.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge