BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health didn’t report numbers on Christmas Day, so the latest update includes two days of infections and deaths in the State of Florida. According to the DOH, Florida added 16,111 infections on Thursday and Friday, with 261 additional COVID-19 deaths.
The statewide total is now 21,135 dead with 1,264,588 infected. The positivity rate for the two days — Thursday and Friday — averages to 7.92 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 956 new COVID-19 cases were added over Thursday and Friday with 18 additional COVID-19 deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 1860 dead with 79,830 infected. The positivity rate — averaged over Thursday and Friday — is 6.125 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate is holding at 12.2 percent in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge