BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health didn’t report numbers on Christmas Day, so the latest update includes two days of infections and deaths in the State of Florida. According to the DOH, Florida added 16,111 infections on Thursday and Friday, with 261 additional COVID-19 deaths.
The statewide total is now 21,135 dead with 1,264,588 infected. The positivity rate for the two days — Thursday and Friday — averages to 7.92 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 956 new COVID-19 cases were added over Thursday and Friday with 18 additional COVID-19 deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 1860 dead with 79,830 infected. The positivity rate — averaged over Thursday and Friday — is 6.125 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate is holding at 12.2 percent in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens