BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health didn’t report numbers on Christmas Day, so the latest update includes two days of infections and deaths in the State of Florida. According to the DOH, Florida added 16,111 infections on Thursday and Friday, with 261 additional COVID-19 deaths.
The statewide total is now 21,135 dead with 1,264,588 infected. The positivity rate for the two days — Thursday and Friday — averages to 7.92 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 956 new COVID-19 cases were added over Thursday and Friday with 18 additional COVID-19 deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 1860 dead with 79,830 infected. The positivity rate — averaged over Thursday and Friday — is 6.125 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate is holding at 12.2 percent in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY