BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health didn’t report numbers on Christmas Day, so the latest update includes two days of infections and deaths in the State of Florida. According to the DOH, Florida added 16,111 infections on Thursday and Friday, with 261 additional COVID-19 deaths.
The statewide total is now 21,135 dead with 1,264,588 infected. The positivity rate for the two days — Thursday and Friday — averages to 7.92 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 956 new COVID-19 cases were added over Thursday and Friday with 18 additional COVID-19 deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 1860 dead with 79,830 infected. The positivity rate — averaged over Thursday and Friday — is 6.125 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate is holding at 12.2 percent in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Is Hiring
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix