BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s positivity rate based on tests recorded Saturday jumped significantly — from 8.01 percent on Friday to 9.69 percent. At least 7,073 new COVID-19 positive tests were recorded on Saturday. The death count rose by 77.
In Palm Beach County, 377 new infections were logged on Saturday with no new deaths. Palm Beach County recorded its highest positivity rate in five days — it’s 7.29 percent.
The Florida Department of Health’s latest numbers were released late Sunday.
Statewide, at least 21,212 people have died from COVID-19. 1,271,979 people are infected. In Palm Beach County, 1,860 people were killed by COVID-19. 80,239 are infected.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity rate rose on Saturday for the first time at least a week. It’s now 12.3 percent — an exceptionally high number. The positivity rate of 12.2 percent held for several days. The Florida Department of Health includes anyone 18 or under in its pediatric numbers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car