Nearly 120,000 Shots Given, Mostly To Those Under Age 65
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Of the 118,764 Floridians to receive a COVID-19 shot as of 11:59 p.m. Saturday, just a small fraction went to senior citizens. The statistics, released by the Florida Department of Health, contradict Governor Ron DeSantis’ “order” that senior citizens be vaccinated before first responders and others who aren’t 65 years of age.
By age group:
Age 16-24 — 3,861 shots given.
Age 25-34 — 20,789 shots given.
Age 35-44 — 24,346 shots given.
Age 45-54 — 24,824 shots given.
Age 55-64 — 24,518 shots given.
Age 65-74 — 10,542 shots given.
Age 75-84 — 5,424 shots given.
Age 85+ — 4,469 shots given.
To put these numbers in perspective: 98,415 shots have been given to people under age 65. Just 9,711 shots have been given to the age group — 65+ — that Gov. DeSantis mandated as being the priority. No “second” dose of vaccine has yet been given in Florida.
By race: 64,317 shots have been administered to those who identify as “white.” 7,436 shots have been administered to those who identify as “black.” 302 shots have been administered to those who identify as “American Indian/Alaskan.” “26,309 shots have been administered to hose who identify as “other.” 20,400 shots have been administered to those with an “unknown” race.
By gender: 71,001 shots have been given to those who identify as “female.” 47,292 shots have been given to those who identify as “male.” 471 shots have been given to those who are “unknown.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck
- FINAL COUNTDOWN: GLADES ROAD REMAINS CLOSED, DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: FATAL CRASH SOUTH OF BOCA RATON
- Man Killed, Shot Multiple Times According To Police
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation