Nearly 120,000 Shots Given, Mostly To Those Under Age 65
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Of the 118,764 Floridians to receive a COVID-19 shot as of 11:59 p.m. Saturday, just a small fraction went to senior citizens. The statistics, released by the Florida Department of Health, contradict Governor Ron DeSantis’ “order” that senior citizens be vaccinated before first responders and others who aren’t 65 years of age.
By age group:
Age 16-24 — 3,861 shots given.
Age 25-34 — 20,789 shots given.
Age 35-44 — 24,346 shots given.
Age 45-54 — 24,824 shots given.
Age 55-64 — 24,518 shots given.
Age 65-74 — 10,542 shots given.
Age 75-84 — 5,424 shots given.
Age 85+ — 4,469 shots given.
To put these numbers in perspective: 98,415 shots have been given to people under age 65. Just 9,711 shots have been given to the age group — 65+ — that Gov. DeSantis mandated as being the priority. No “second” dose of vaccine has yet been given in Florida.
By race: 64,317 shots have been administered to those who identify as “white.” 7,436 shots have been administered to those who identify as “black.” 302 shots have been administered to those who identify as “American Indian/Alaskan.” “26,309 shots have been administered to hose who identify as “other.” 20,400 shots have been administered to those with an “unknown” race.
By gender: 71,001 shots have been given to those who identify as “female.” 47,292 shots have been given to those who identify as “male.” 471 shots have been given to those who are “unknown.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud