BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police) — Police in Boynton Beach are releasing new information about the Christmas shooting that left one dead and several injured. From Boynton Beach Police at 12:15 p.m. Sunday, December 27th:
”Investigation has revealed that there was a large group of people in and around the area of Sara Sims Park at the time of the shooting on Friday night. The victims were amongst the crowd when they were wounded.
We know that there were multiple witnesses, and we’re asking them to come forward and provide information to help give the family of the victims some peace. They can do so anonymously via our website, our MyPD app or by calling us at 561-732-8116 or Crime Stoppers of Palm Beach County at 800-458-TIPS.
As we approach New Year’s Eve, we encourage the public to avoid large gatherings and continue to follow CDC guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19, according to CDC.gov.”
Our original report filed Christmas night:
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police Verbatim) — Boynton Beach Police are investigating a shooting that occurred tonight (Christmas) in the 200 block of Northwest 10th Avenue.
One person has succumbed to their injuries. Four other people are being treated for injuries at area hospitals.
“My prayers go out to the families of the victims,” Police Chief Michael G. Gregory said. “This senseless violence will not be accepted in our community. We ask the public to help with information to bring the perpetrators to justice.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS