Boca Raton Regional, Baptist East and West Say Not Ready Yet For Shots. No Word From Delray Medical, West Boca Medical Center.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can sign all the orders that he chooses to sign calling for those over 65 to be among the first to receive a COVID-19 shot, but it means nothing if the hospitals aren’t playing ball.
Baptist Health Systems, which runs Boca Raton Regional Hospital and the Bethesda Hospitals (East and West) in South Palm Beach County, is not ready to vaccinate the public at this time.
“We are making plans to offer the vaccine to seniors over the age of 65 and other vulnerable patient populations in the near future,” wrote Baptist Spokesperson Michael Maucker to BocaNewsNow.com. ”We don’t have details to share at this time, but look forward to communicating our plan soon.”
Also silent as usual: West Boca Medical Center and Delray Medical Center, both are owned by Tenet Healthcare. Tenet has issued no media advisories locally on COVID-19 vaccine administration. We note it took Tenet several weeks to acknowledge COVID-19 on its local websites when the pandemic started.
Anxious seniors are contacting BocaNewsNow.com, asking when and how they can receive shots. The answer for now: you can’t.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW