Boca Raton Regional, Baptist East and West Say Not Ready Yet For Shots. No Word From Delray Medical, West Boca Medical Center.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can sign all the orders that he chooses to sign calling for those over 65 to be among the first to receive a COVID-19 shot, but it means nothing if the hospitals aren’t playing ball.
Baptist Health Systems, which runs Boca Raton Regional Hospital and the Bethesda Hospitals (East and West) in South Palm Beach County, is not ready to vaccinate the public at this time.
“We are making plans to offer the vaccine to seniors over the age of 65 and other vulnerable patient populations in the near future,” wrote Baptist Spokesperson Michael Maucker to BocaNewsNow.com. ”We don’t have details to share at this time, but look forward to communicating our plan soon.”
Also silent as usual: West Boca Medical Center and Delray Medical Center, both are owned by Tenet Healthcare. Tenet has issued no media advisories locally on COVID-19 vaccine administration. We note it took Tenet several weeks to acknowledge COVID-19 on its local websites when the pandemic started.
Anxious seniors are contacting BocaNewsNow.com, asking when and how they can receive shots. The answer for now: you can’t.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges