Boca Raton Regional, Baptist East and West Say Not Ready Yet For Shots. No Word From Delray Medical, West Boca Medical Center.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can sign all the orders that he chooses to sign calling for those over 65 to be among the first to receive a COVID-19 shot, but it means nothing if the hospitals aren’t playing ball.
Baptist Health Systems, which runs Boca Raton Regional Hospital and the Bethesda Hospitals (East and West) in South Palm Beach County, is not ready to vaccinate the public at this time.
“We are making plans to offer the vaccine to seniors over the age of 65 and other vulnerable patient populations in the near future,” wrote Baptist Spokesperson Michael Maucker to BocaNewsNow.com. ”We don’t have details to share at this time, but look forward to communicating our plan soon.”
Also silent as usual: West Boca Medical Center and Delray Medical Center, both are owned by Tenet Healthcare. Tenet has issued no media advisories locally on COVID-19 vaccine administration. We note it took Tenet several weeks to acknowledge COVID-19 on its local websites when the pandemic started.
Anxious seniors are contacting BocaNewsNow.com, asking when and how they can receive shots. The answer for now: you can’t.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days