Boca Raton Regional, Baptist East and West Say Not Ready Yet For Shots. No Word From Delray Medical, West Boca Medical Center.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can sign all the orders that he chooses to sign calling for those over 65 to be among the first to receive a COVID-19 shot, but it means nothing if the hospitals aren’t playing ball.
Baptist Health Systems, which runs Boca Raton Regional Hospital and the Bethesda Hospitals (East and West) in South Palm Beach County, is not ready to vaccinate the public at this time.
“We are making plans to offer the vaccine to seniors over the age of 65 and other vulnerable patient populations in the near future,” wrote Baptist Spokesperson Michael Maucker to BocaNewsNow.com. ”We don’t have details to share at this time, but look forward to communicating our plan soon.”
Also silent as usual: West Boca Medical Center and Delray Medical Center, both are owned by Tenet Healthcare. Tenet has issued no media advisories locally on COVID-19 vaccine administration. We note it took Tenet several weeks to acknowledge COVID-19 on its local websites when the pandemic started.
Anxious seniors are contacting BocaNewsNow.com, asking when and how they can receive shots. The answer for now: you can’t.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated