Numbers Rising. Christmas, New Year Partiers Expected To Make Situation Worse.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are rising again. The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County is again heading up after a brief pullback over the past several days. There are now 312 people hospitalized with what the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration calls “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In neighboring Broward County, 548 people are hospitalized with COVID-19. In Miami-Dade, it’s 992. Statewide, 5,903 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
These numbers are accurate as of 6 a.m. on Monday, December 28, 2020.
While ICU availability remains in the low 30 percent range in Palm Beach County, there are signs of trouble ahead.
West Boca Medical Center reports just 1 ICU bed available as of 6 a.m., with 15 in use. Bethesda West reports no ICU beds available with 10 in use. Delray Medical Center reports 8 ICU beds available with 44 ICU beds in use. At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, 27 ICU beds are in use with 15 available.
Countywide, 2,600 people are hospitalized with 1,294 beds available.
Those ignoring CDC guidelines and celebrating Christmas and the New Year with large gatherings are expected to make the situation worse over the next several weeks.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club