Numbers Rising. Christmas, New Year Partiers Expected To Make Situation Worse.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are rising again. The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County is again heading up after a brief pullback over the past several days. There are now 312 people hospitalized with what the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration calls “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In neighboring Broward County, 548 people are hospitalized with COVID-19. In Miami-Dade, it’s 992. Statewide, 5,903 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
These numbers are accurate as of 6 a.m. on Monday, December 28, 2020.
While ICU availability remains in the low 30 percent range in Palm Beach County, there are signs of trouble ahead.
West Boca Medical Center reports just 1 ICU bed available as of 6 a.m., with 15 in use. Bethesda West reports no ICU beds available with 10 in use. Delray Medical Center reports 8 ICU beds available with 44 ICU beds in use. At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, 27 ICU beds are in use with 15 available.
Countywide, 2,600 people are hospitalized with 1,294 beds available.
Those ignoring CDC guidelines and celebrating Christmas and the New Year with large gatherings are expected to make the situation worse over the next several weeks.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control