Numbers Rising. Christmas, New Year Partiers Expected To Make Situation Worse.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are rising again. The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County is again heading up after a brief pullback over the past several days. There are now 312 people hospitalized with what the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration calls “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In neighboring Broward County, 548 people are hospitalized with COVID-19. In Miami-Dade, it’s 992. Statewide, 5,903 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
These numbers are accurate as of 6 a.m. on Monday, December 28, 2020.
While ICU availability remains in the low 30 percent range in Palm Beach County, there are signs of trouble ahead.
West Boca Medical Center reports just 1 ICU bed available as of 6 a.m., with 15 in use. Bethesda West reports no ICU beds available with 10 in use. Delray Medical Center reports 8 ICU beds available with 44 ICU beds in use. At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, 27 ICU beds are in use with 15 available.
Countywide, 2,600 people are hospitalized with 1,294 beds available.
Those ignoring CDC guidelines and celebrating Christmas and the New Year with large gatherings are expected to make the situation worse over the next several weeks.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases