Delray Medical Center: 47 ICU Beds Now In Use. Bethesda West ICU Completely Full.
Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Now 10.38 Percent.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 333 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. That is a jump of 21 patients in under 24 hours, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care administration.
The jump is a frightening harbinger. The local COVID situation is expected to dramatically deteriorate as the area pays the price for ignoring COVID-19 restrictions by dining in restaurants, going to bars, and welcoming family members or friends from other parts of the country.
Miami-Dade County now reports 1,017 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Broward County reports 560 COVID-19 patients.
While the overall countywide ICU availability percentage is holding at 33 percent — an acceptable level — several local hospitals are reporting ICU strain. There are NO ICU beds available as of 6:40 a.m. at Bethesda West where all 11 ICU beds are in use. West Boca Medical Center reports just 2 ICU beds are available with 14 in use. Delray medical Center reports 47 ICU beds in use with 8 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available.
Statewide, 45,176 hospital beds are in use for both COVID and non-COVID care. 15,925 are available. In Palm Beach County, 2,809 hospital beds are in use for both COVID and non-COVID care. 1,210 are available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT