Delray Medical Center: 47 ICU Beds Now In Use. Bethesda West ICU Completely Full.
Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Now 10.38 Percent.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 333 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. That is a jump of 21 patients in under 24 hours, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care administration.
The jump is a frightening harbinger. The local COVID situation is expected to dramatically deteriorate as the area pays the price for ignoring COVID-19 restrictions by dining in restaurants, going to bars, and welcoming family members or friends from other parts of the country.
Miami-Dade County now reports 1,017 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Broward County reports 560 COVID-19 patients.
While the overall countywide ICU availability percentage is holding at 33 percent — an acceptable level — several local hospitals are reporting ICU strain. There are NO ICU beds available as of 6:40 a.m. at Bethesda West where all 11 ICU beds are in use. West Boca Medical Center reports just 2 ICU beds are available with 14 in use. Delray medical Center reports 47 ICU beds in use with 8 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available.
Statewide, 45,176 hospital beds are in use for both COVID and non-COVID care. 15,925 are available. In Palm Beach County, 2,809 hospital beds are in use for both COVID and non-COVID care. 1,210 are available.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck
- FINAL COUNTDOWN: GLADES ROAD REMAINS CLOSED, DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: FATAL CRASH SOUTH OF BOCA RATON
- Man Killed, Shot Multiple Times According To Police