Delray Medical Center: 47 ICU Beds Now In Use. Bethesda West ICU Completely Full.
Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Now 10.38 Percent.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 333 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. That is a jump of 21 patients in under 24 hours, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care administration.
The jump is a frightening harbinger. The local COVID situation is expected to dramatically deteriorate as the area pays the price for ignoring COVID-19 restrictions by dining in restaurants, going to bars, and welcoming family members or friends from other parts of the country.
Miami-Dade County now reports 1,017 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Broward County reports 560 COVID-19 patients.
While the overall countywide ICU availability percentage is holding at 33 percent — an acceptable level — several local hospitals are reporting ICU strain. There are NO ICU beds available as of 6:40 a.m. at Bethesda West where all 11 ICU beds are in use. West Boca Medical Center reports just 2 ICU beds are available with 14 in use. Delray medical Center reports 47 ICU beds in use with 8 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available.
Statewide, 45,176 hospital beds are in use for both COVID and non-COVID care. 15,925 are available. In Palm Beach County, 2,809 hospital beds are in use for both COVID and non-COVID care. 1,210 are available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Throws Vodka Bottle At Cop
- MAJOR GLADES ROAD CLOSURE COMING IN BOCA RATON
- South Florida Looking Okay As Tropical Depression Forms, Tropical Wave Grows
- American Heritage Named Top Private School By National Ranking Organization
- Bedner’s Farm In Boynton Beach Sued Over Petting Zoo Incident
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH