Visit Comes As Palm Beach County Sets Record Positivity Rate, Health Department Fails As Vaccine Call Center System Collapses
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear why he is coming or whether he’ll be discussing the abysmal failure of his health department to schedule senior citizens for vaccines in Palm Beach County, but Florida Governor Ron DeSantis will be speaking at Kings Point on Wednesday.
The Governor’s office tells BocaNewsNow.com that DeSantis will be speaking first thing Wednesday morning. We are not publishing the specific location — it will be clear to those who have authorized entry into Kings Point.
DeSantis’ visit comes after two significant COVID-19 events in the State of Florida and in Palm Beach County on Tuesday. Florida hit a record high positivity rate — 22.75 percent while Palm Beach County set its own record at 19.50 percent. And, the Florida Department of Health’s office in Palm Beach County embarrassed itself by telling senior citizens that they could call to make appointments for COVID-19 vaccines, only to have the phone system crash due to too many people calling. The health department, charged with managing a pandemic, apparently thought that a bare bones call center would be just fine in one the nation’s senior citizen capitals.
Callers who finally got through late Tuesday tell BocaNewsNow.com that they were advised to call back “next week,” or to send an email to what appears to be a non-existent mailbox.
It’s unclear who will be joining DeSantis during his visit, or whether he’ll be acknowledging the 21,409 people who have died from COVID-19 in Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog