Visit Comes As Palm Beach County Sets Record Positivity Rate, Health Department Fails As Vaccine Call Center System Collapses
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear why he is coming or whether he’ll be discussing the abysmal failure of his health department to schedule senior citizens for vaccines in Palm Beach County, but Florida Governor Ron DeSantis will be speaking at Kings Point on Wednesday.
The Governor’s office tells BocaNewsNow.com that DeSantis will be speaking first thing Wednesday morning. We are not publishing the specific location — it will be clear to those who have authorized entry into Kings Point.
DeSantis’ visit comes after two significant COVID-19 events in the State of Florida and in Palm Beach County on Tuesday. Florida hit a record high positivity rate — 22.75 percent while Palm Beach County set its own record at 19.50 percent. And, the Florida Department of Health’s office in Palm Beach County embarrassed itself by telling senior citizens that they could call to make appointments for COVID-19 vaccines, only to have the phone system crash due to too many people calling. The health department, charged with managing a pandemic, apparently thought that a bare bones call center would be just fine in one the nation’s senior citizen capitals.
Callers who finally got through late Tuesday tell BocaNewsNow.com that they were advised to call back “next week,” or to send an email to what appears to be a non-existent mailbox.
It’s unclear who will be joining DeSantis during his visit, or whether he’ll be acknowledging the 21,409 people who have died from COVID-19 in Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths