BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 death count increased by 137 on Tuesday as Florida added 13,495 new confirmed cases. The positivity rate dropped from the stratosphere of 22.81 percent — an outlier number — to 8.72 percent.
Statewide, 1,306,123 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 21,546 have died.
In Palm Beach County, 483 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Tuesday with eight new deaths. The positivity rate dropped in Palm Beach County from the outlier number of 19.62 percent to 6.95 percent for tests recorded on Tuesday. There are now 81,899 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,881 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains at 12.3 percent. It represents cases involving children 18 and younger.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi
- COVERUP? Boynton Beach City Manager Now Center Over Handling Of Dead Teen
- ARCTIC PLUNGE: Expect Temps In The 30s on Saturday
- SIRENS: Sick At West Boca High, Dead In An Area Walmart, Fall At Morikami Museum
- Casa D’Angelo Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector