BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 death count increased by 137 on Tuesday as Florida added 13,495 new confirmed cases. The positivity rate dropped from the stratosphere of 22.81 percent — an outlier number — to 8.72 percent.
Statewide, 1,306,123 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 21,546 have died.
In Palm Beach County, 483 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Tuesday with eight new deaths. The positivity rate dropped in Palm Beach County from the outlier number of 19.62 percent to 6.95 percent for tests recorded on Tuesday. There are now 81,899 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,881 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains at 12.3 percent. It represents cases involving children 18 and younger.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges