BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 death count increased by 137 on Tuesday as Florida added 13,495 new confirmed cases. The positivity rate dropped from the stratosphere of 22.81 percent — an outlier number — to 8.72 percent.
Statewide, 1,306,123 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 21,546 have died.
In Palm Beach County, 483 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Tuesday with eight new deaths. The positivity rate dropped in Palm Beach County from the outlier number of 19.62 percent to 6.95 percent for tests recorded on Tuesday. There are now 81,899 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,881 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains at 12.3 percent. It represents cases involving children 18 and younger.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash