BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 death count increased by 137 on Tuesday as Florida added 13,495 new confirmed cases. The positivity rate dropped from the stratosphere of 22.81 percent — an outlier number — to 8.72 percent.
Statewide, 1,306,123 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 21,546 have died.
In Palm Beach County, 483 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Tuesday with eight new deaths. The positivity rate dropped in Palm Beach County from the outlier number of 19.62 percent to 6.95 percent for tests recorded on Tuesday. There are now 81,899 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,881 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains at 12.3 percent. It represents cases involving children 18 and younger.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday