BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 death count increased by 137 on Tuesday as Florida added 13,495 new confirmed cases. The positivity rate dropped from the stratosphere of 22.81 percent — an outlier number — to 8.72 percent.
Statewide, 1,306,123 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 21,546 have died.
In Palm Beach County, 483 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Tuesday with eight new deaths. The positivity rate dropped in Palm Beach County from the outlier number of 19.62 percent to 6.95 percent for tests recorded on Tuesday. There are now 81,899 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,881 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County remains at 12.3 percent. It represents cases involving children 18 and younger.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday