Rise Mirrors Record Positivity Rate In Palm Beach County and Florida
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 369 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That number was 333 Tuesday morning, 312 Monday morning, and below 300 over the weekend — it was 295 on Saturday.
The dramatic jump in COVID-19 patients with symptoms serious enough to be admitted for hospital care comes as the State of Florida, and Palm Beach County, both report their highest positivity rates since the pandemic began. Florida’s positivity rate tests logged on Tuesday is 22.75 percent. In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate for Tuesday’s tests is 19.5 percent.
ICU availability in Palm Beach County is also dropping. It was 30 percent on Tuesday. Wednesday morning data shows it’s now 26.53 percent. Anything under 25 percent is considered a problem, according to public health officials.
There are NO ICU beds available at Bethesda West, where 10 are in use as of 6:20 a.m Wednesday.
West Boca Medical Center reports 2 ICU beds available with 14 in use.
Delray Medical Center reports 8 ICU beds available with 36 in use.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 6 ICU beds available with 35 in use.
Wellington reports 5 ICU beds available with 23 in use.
The situation is slightly better at Bethesda East, where 20 ICU beds are in use but 19 are available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 3002 hospital beds are in use with 993 available. This includes COVID and non-COVID issues, as well as ICU and general care beds.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck