Rise Mirrors Record Positivity Rate In Palm Beach County and Florida
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 369 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That number was 333 Tuesday morning, 312 Monday morning, and below 300 over the weekend — it was 295 on Saturday.
The dramatic jump in COVID-19 patients with symptoms serious enough to be admitted for hospital care comes as the State of Florida, and Palm Beach County, both report their highest positivity rates since the pandemic began. Florida’s positivity rate tests logged on Tuesday is 22.75 percent. In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate for Tuesday’s tests is 19.5 percent.
ICU availability in Palm Beach County is also dropping. It was 30 percent on Tuesday. Wednesday morning data shows it’s now 26.53 percent. Anything under 25 percent is considered a problem, according to public health officials.
There are NO ICU beds available at Bethesda West, where 10 are in use as of 6:20 a.m Wednesday.
West Boca Medical Center reports 2 ICU beds available with 14 in use.
Delray Medical Center reports 8 ICU beds available with 36 in use.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 6 ICU beds available with 35 in use.
Wellington reports 5 ICU beds available with 23 in use.
The situation is slightly better at Bethesda East, where 20 ICU beds are in use but 19 are available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 3002 hospital beds are in use with 993 available. This includes COVID and non-COVID issues, as well as ICU and general care beds.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School