BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The early morning count of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Palm Beach County pulled back just a bit on this last day of 2020, but remains exceptionally high.
352 people are starting New Year’s Eve in a Palm Beach County hospital with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is down from 369 early Wednesday. It is unclear if the decrease is the result of death or discharge.
In Miami-Dade, 989 people are hospitalized for COVID-19 issues. In Broward County, it’s 579.
ICU bed availablity in Palm Beach County continues to decline. It’s now 28.21 percent.
All ten ICU beds are in use at Bethesda West, with none available.
West Boca Medical Center reports 13 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 40 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 33 ICU beds in use with 9 available.
Countywide, including ICU and general hospital beds, just 23.55 percent of all beds are available. 3,010 hospital beds are in use with 927 empty.
Statewide, 48,383 beds are in use with 13,108 available, or 21.32 percent.
Health officials saying anything under 25 percent available is a problem.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges