BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The early morning count of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Palm Beach County pulled back just a bit on this last day of 2020, but remains exceptionally high.
352 people are starting New Year’s Eve in a Palm Beach County hospital with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is down from 369 early Wednesday. It is unclear if the decrease is the result of death or discharge.
In Miami-Dade, 989 people are hospitalized for COVID-19 issues. In Broward County, it’s 579.
ICU bed availablity in Palm Beach County continues to decline. It’s now 28.21 percent.
All ten ICU beds are in use at Bethesda West, with none available.
West Boca Medical Center reports 13 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 40 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 33 ICU beds in use with 9 available.
Countywide, including ICU and general hospital beds, just 23.55 percent of all beds are available. 3,010 hospital beds are in use with 927 empty.
Statewide, 48,383 beds are in use with 13,108 available, or 21.32 percent.
Health officials saying anything under 25 percent available is a problem.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN