BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The early morning count of COVID-19 hospitalizations in Palm Beach County pulled back just a bit on this last day of 2020, but remains exceptionally high.
352 people are starting New Year’s Eve in a Palm Beach County hospital with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is down from 369 early Wednesday. It is unclear if the decrease is the result of death or discharge.
In Miami-Dade, 989 people are hospitalized for COVID-19 issues. In Broward County, it’s 579.
ICU bed availablity in Palm Beach County continues to decline. It’s now 28.21 percent.
All ten ICU beds are in use at Bethesda West, with none available.
West Boca Medical Center reports 13 ICU beds in use with 3 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 40 ICU beds in use with 11 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 33 ICU beds in use with 9 available.
Countywide, including ICU and general hospital beds, just 23.55 percent of all beds are available. 3,010 hospital beds are in use with 927 empty.
Statewide, 48,383 beds are in use with 13,108 available, or 21.32 percent.
Health officials saying anything under 25 percent available is a problem.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman