Closure Comes As DeSantis Announces Vaccine Reservations Available To All Senior Citizens
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Anyone calling the Palm Beach County Health Department’s COVID-19 vaccine reservation system today (December 31st) is being greeted by a message stating that the department is closed “in observance of the New Year’s holiday.”
We’re not kidding.
Just a day after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis lied while speaking at King’s Point, announcing that seniors could call area hospitals or the health department for vaccination reservations, hospitals continue to say they are not accepting reservations and the health department is closed.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Bethesda East, Bethesda West, Delray Medical Center and West Boca Raton Medical Center all say they are not in a position to give shots to the public at this time.
The Palm Beach County division of the Florida Department of Health suffered a major embarrassment on Tuesday when the reservation system crashed upon receiving just 150 calls. The department claims it never anticipated a need to have a better system in place. Online reservations are not available.
But now, as Palm Beach County residents die, get infected, and are promised help by Governor DeSantis, the health department is closed for the holiday.
We’d reach out to spokesman Alex Shaw, but it appears that — like the rest of the staff — he’s off for New Year’s Eve.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning