Closure Comes As DeSantis Announces Vaccine Reservations Available To All Senior Citizens
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Anyone calling the Palm Beach County Health Department’s COVID-19 vaccine reservation system today (December 31st) is being greeted by a message stating that the department is closed “in observance of the New Year’s holiday.”
We’re not kidding.
Just a day after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis lied while speaking at King’s Point, announcing that seniors could call area hospitals or the health department for vaccination reservations, hospitals continue to say they are not accepting reservations and the health department is closed.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Bethesda East, Bethesda West, Delray Medical Center and West Boca Raton Medical Center all say they are not in a position to give shots to the public at this time.
The Palm Beach County division of the Florida Department of Health suffered a major embarrassment on Tuesday when the reservation system crashed upon receiving just 150 calls. The department claims it never anticipated a need to have a better system in place. Online reservations are not available.
But now, as Palm Beach County residents die, get infected, and are promised help by Governor DeSantis, the health department is closed for the holiday.
We’d reach out to spokesman Alex Shaw, but it appears that — like the rest of the staff — he’s off for New Year’s Eve.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON