Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Rises Again
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida ends the 2020 calendar year as an unmitigated disaster. The state added 16,653 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday with 127 new deaths. That brings Florida’s total to 1,323,315 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 21,673 people who will never see 2021 because they’re dead.
Florida’s positivity rate rose to 11.57 percent.
In Palm Beach County, what appears to be a record 950 new COVID-19 cases were added on Wednesday with 14 new deaths. That brings Palm Beach County’s total infection count to 82,890 with 1,895 deaths. The positivity rate rose to 9.90 percent
The pediatric positivity rate has risen again — it’s now 12.4 percent in Palm Beach County. The Florida Department of Health classifies anyone 18 or younger as “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman