Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Rises Again
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida ends the 2020 calendar year as an unmitigated disaster. The state added 16,653 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday with 127 new deaths. That brings Florida’s total to 1,323,315 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 21,673 people who will never see 2021 because they’re dead.
Florida’s positivity rate rose to 11.57 percent.
In Palm Beach County, what appears to be a record 950 new COVID-19 cases were added on Wednesday with 14 new deaths. That brings Palm Beach County’s total infection count to 82,890 with 1,895 deaths. The positivity rate rose to 9.90 percent
The pediatric positivity rate has risen again — it’s now 12.4 percent in Palm Beach County. The Florida Department of Health classifies anyone 18 or younger as “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested