POLICE: Joshua Maggard Stole Several Guns From Home
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man caught on a Ring camera stealing multiple guns from the residence of a high school friend allegedly admitted the crime, asked for forgiveness, but still found himself in handcuffs.
Joshua Maggard, 23, of the 400 block of SW 8th Street in Boca Raton, remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Saturday morning. He was arrested by PBSO on December 29th for the crime that took place in November.
According to an affidavit of probable cause reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com, Maggard broke into the home on Calle Del Paz in Boca and stole weapons belonging to the friend’s dad: a black Ruger revolver .44 caliber valued at $400, a Browning 12-gauge shotgun valued at $2,000, a brown Ruger rifle .44 caliber valued at $1,500, a Baretta 12-gauge shotgun valued at $3,700, a Ruger side-by-side shotgun valued at $5,000, a Mag 7mm rifle with scope valued at $1,200, a Smith and Wesson .50 caliber stainless steel revolver valued at $1,200, a Winchester .20 caliber semi-automatic shotgun valued at $700, and a Baretta semi-automatic shotgun valued at $1,100.
Portions of Maggard’s alleged crime were apparently caught on several surveillance cameras, including a neighbor’s Ring camera which allegedly showed Maggard’s vehicle arriving and departing.
Maggard, according to the police report, admitted the crime to his friend’s father, returned the weapons, and asked him not to prosecute. But the father provided the information to PBSO detectives who charged Maggard with “armed burglary of a structure” and “grand theft.”
Maggard is being held in the Palm Beach County Jail. Bond is set at $1,000 on the theft charge. Bond has not been set on the burglary charge.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman