BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — After a short-lived pullback, the number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is rising — significantly.
There are 360 people hospitalized for COVID-19 as of 7:47 p.m. Saturday, January 2nd, 2021. That number was in the high 200s last week. There are 566 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Broward County, and 1,014 in Miami-Dade. The data is supplied by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
In South Palm Beach County, hospital ICU’s are apparently hopping, based on state data. At Bethesda West, 8 ICU beds are in use with 2 available. At West Boca Medical Center, 13 ICU beds are in use with 3 available. Delray Medical Center reports 43 ICU beds in use with just 7 available. Boca Raton Regional reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Wellington reports 22 ICU beds in use with 6 available.
Statewide, 4,892 ICU beds are in use with 1,338 available.
Also statewide, 45,799 hospital beds are in use for all ailments — COVID and general. 15,686 are available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates