BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — After a short-lived pullback, the number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is rising — significantly.
There are 360 people hospitalized for COVID-19 as of 7:47 p.m. Saturday, January 2nd, 2021. That number was in the high 200s last week. There are 566 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Broward County, and 1,014 in Miami-Dade. The data is supplied by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
In South Palm Beach County, hospital ICU’s are apparently hopping, based on state data. At Bethesda West, 8 ICU beds are in use with 2 available. At West Boca Medical Center, 13 ICU beds are in use with 3 available. Delray Medical Center reports 43 ICU beds in use with just 7 available. Boca Raton Regional reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Wellington reports 22 ICU beds in use with 6 available.
Statewide, 4,892 ICU beds are in use with 1,338 available.
Also statewide, 45,799 hospital beds are in use for all ailments — COVID and general. 15,686 are available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge