BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — After a short-lived pullback, the number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is rising — significantly.
There are 360 people hospitalized for COVID-19 as of 7:47 p.m. Saturday, January 2nd, 2021. That number was in the high 200s last week. There are 566 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Broward County, and 1,014 in Miami-Dade. The data is supplied by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
In South Palm Beach County, hospital ICU’s are apparently hopping, based on state data. At Bethesda West, 8 ICU beds are in use with 2 available. At West Boca Medical Center, 13 ICU beds are in use with 3 available. Delray Medical Center reports 43 ICU beds in use with just 7 available. Boca Raton Regional reports 27 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Wellington reports 22 ICU beds in use with 6 available.
Statewide, 4,892 ICU beds are in use with 1,338 available.
Also statewide, 45,799 hospital beds are in use for all ailments — COVID and general. 15,686 are available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again