BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Stunning numbers from the Florida Department of Health officially end 2020 and start 2021.
Florida added 21,015 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on December 31st and 9,752 confirmed cases on New Year’s Day — when testing locations were largely closed for the holiday.
217 deaths were recorded over the two days statewide.
In Palm Beach County, 1,242 cases were confirmed on December 31st and 780 on January 1st. A total of 13 deaths were logged over two days.
There are now 1,354,833 cases of COVID-19 are now confirmed in Florida where 21,890 people have died from COVID-19. In Palm Beach County, 84,972 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 1,908 have died.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded