BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Stunning numbers from the Florida Department of Health officially end 2020 and start 2021.
Florida added 21,015 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on December 31st and 9,752 confirmed cases on New Year’s Day — when testing locations were largely closed for the holiday.
217 deaths were recorded over the two days statewide.
In Palm Beach County, 1,242 cases were confirmed on December 31st and 780 on January 1st. A total of 13 deaths were logged over two days.
There are now 1,354,833 cases of COVID-19 are now confirmed in Florida where 21,890 people have died from COVID-19. In Palm Beach County, 84,972 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 1,908 have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat