Florida Logs Another 10,000+ COVID-19 Infections On Saturday, As No Masks, Social Distancing Ignored In Delray Beach
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With thanks to the readers who are sending in photos, this was scene Saturday night (January 2nd, 2021) outside the Office restaurant and bar on Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach. No masks are seen. The crowd is large. The social distancing is non-existent.
The photo is shared as the Florida Department of Health reports 10,397 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Saturday in Florida with 97 new deaths. The positivity rate rose to 12.43 percent — not exactly a shocker when you look at these images.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for the full story].
In Palm Beach County, 502 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Saturday with one new death. The Palm Beach County positivity rate, solely from Saturday’s test recording, is 7.58 percent.
Statewide, there are now 1,365,436 COVID-19 infections in Florida with 21,987 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 85,479 infections are on the books with 1,909 deaths. The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate — which includes all children 18 and under — is holding at a recent high of 12.6 percent.
What do you see? Send us your photos and tips by using the form below. Reading in a news app? Click here for access to our upload center.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths