BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives arrested a Margate man for the stabbing death of a Pompano Beach man on New Year’s Day.
At approximately 2:18 p.m. on Jan. 1, Broward Regional Communications received a call regarding a stabbing in the 2700 block of N.W. Fourth Court in Pompano Beach. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the scene. They located John Moye Jr. suffering from injuries. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue attempted lifesaving measures and transported Moye Jr. to a hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
BSO’s homicide detectives and crime scene investigators responded to the scene and gathered evidence pointing to Phillip Stevenson as the suspect in the homicide. BSO’s K9 and VIPER (Violent Intervention Proactive Enforcement Response) units arrested Stevenson.
Stevenson was taken to the Broward County Main Jail and is charged with first degree murder.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud