Palm Beach County Health Department Vaccination Scheduling Continues To Be Unmitigated Failure.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Seniors aged 65 and up have received just 77,472 doses of COVID-19 vaccine in Florida in the roughly two weeks that vaccinations have been available. That is just 29 percent of the 260,655 doses given. It’s also a complete and total contradiction to the Gov. Ron DeSantis’ claim that citizens 65 and older are supposed to get the vaccine first.
To put it another way, 61 percent of COVID-19 vaccinations given in Florida have been given to residents under age 65.
In Palm Beach County, horror stories from seniors who sat on hold for hours, only to be hung up on, continue to pour in. As do stories from seniors who aren’t even able to get the Palm Beach County Health Department to answer the phone. The email address given to senior citizens to use for vaccination reservations is often kicking messages back with an error message or “mailbox full” reports. The Health Department in Palm Beach County continues to not respond to inquiries from BocaNewsNow.com.
By race: 147,880 of those receiving vaccination in Florida identity as White. 14,837 identity as Black. 804 of those receiving the vaccination in Florida identity as American Indian or Alaskan. 50,953 identity as “other.” 46,181 are listed as “unknown.”
By gender: 158,875 identify as female. 101,159 identify as male. 621 are unknown.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud