Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate Still Rising.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The stupidity exhibited by Floridians over Christmas and New Year’s Eve now seems to be paying off with massive COVID-19 infection increases.
The Florida Department of Health just announced that 17,370 new COVID-19 cases were added on Tuesday. The death count increased by 129. The positivity rate in Florida is reported as 12.59 percent for Tuesday’s test recording.
Florida has now logged 1,409,906 COVID-19 cases with 22,317 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 812 new cases were recorded on Tuesday with no new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County rose to 11.44 percent. Palm Beach County now reports 87,683 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 1,923 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County continues to rise — it’s now 12.9 percent. That is highest in months. The pediatric rate represents everyone in Florida age 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month