BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District now reports 1,330 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since schools reopened for “brick and mortar” learning in mid-September. The split: 736 students and 594 employees.
At least 62 COVID cases have been confirmed since school resumed on Monday following the winter break.
The schools with the highest counts pre-break remain the schools with the highest count post break. Among them:
Boca Raton Community High School: 32 cases.
Calusa Elementary: 22 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 20 cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary: 16 cases.
Olympic Heights Community High: 14 cases.
Boca Raton Community Middle: 14 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts: 14 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 13 cases.
West Boca Raton Community High: 10 cases.
Parents and guardians have now been instructed to choose “distance learning” or “in person” education for the rest of the school year. The choice made now continues until school ends on June 18th. Roughly 40 percent of the school district’s student population is attending school in person, with roughly 60 percent continuing to learn from home.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages