BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District now reports 1,330 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since schools reopened for “brick and mortar” learning in mid-September. The split: 736 students and 594 employees.
At least 62 COVID cases have been confirmed since school resumed on Monday following the winter break.
The schools with the highest counts pre-break remain the schools with the highest count post break. Among them:
Boca Raton Community High School: 32 cases.
Calusa Elementary: 22 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 20 cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary: 16 cases.
Olympic Heights Community High: 14 cases.
Boca Raton Community Middle: 14 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts: 14 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 13 cases.
West Boca Raton Community High: 10 cases.
Parents and guardians have now been instructed to choose “distance learning” or “in person” education for the rest of the school year. The choice made now continues until school ends on June 18th. Roughly 40 percent of the school district’s student population is attending school in person, with roughly 60 percent continuing to learn from home.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY $7M FEDERAL DISCRIMINATION TRIAL EXPECTED IN MARCH