BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of patients hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County has risen again. As of 5 a.m. Friday, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 430 are so sick they are receiving in-patient care. That’s an increase of at least 24 from early Thursday.
The count has been in the 400s for the past several days. It was 291 on December 23rd.
South Palm Beach County Intensive Care Units are also filling up, with several reporting no capacity at all.
Bethesda West reports 10 ICU beds in use with none available. Delray Medical Center reports 37 ICU beds in use with 15 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital has 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
West Boca Medical Center reports 11 ICU beds in use with 5 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Statewide, Florida reports a total of 5,199 ICU beds in use with just 966 — or 15 percent — available.
Combining all ICU and non-ICU beds, there 3,123 in use in Palm Beach County with 929 available. Statewide, 50,377 are in use with 12,082 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths