BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of patients hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County has risen again. As of 5 a.m. Friday, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 430 are so sick they are receiving in-patient care. That’s an increase of at least 24 from early Thursday.
The count has been in the 400s for the past several days. It was 291 on December 23rd.
South Palm Beach County Intensive Care Units are also filling up, with several reporting no capacity at all.
Bethesda West reports 10 ICU beds in use with none available. Delray Medical Center reports 37 ICU beds in use with 15 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital has 28 ICU beds in use with 13 available.
West Boca Medical Center reports 11 ICU beds in use with 5 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with 2 available.
Statewide, Florida reports a total of 5,199 ICU beds in use with just 966 — or 15 percent — available.
Combining all ICU and non-ICU beds, there 3,123 in use in Palm Beach County with 929 available. Statewide, 50,377 are in use with 12,082 available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now
- Boca West Sues Several Homeowners, We Have The List