Fines, Enforcement Needed Says Commission.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Delray Beach City Commission wants to cite and fine mask and social distance violators as the COVID-19 crisis worsens in the area.
BocaNewsNow.com — and other media outlets — routinely publish photos of out-of-control bar and restaurant patrons on Atlantic Avenue, standing close together and not wearing masks.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis prohibited local municipalities from enforcing COVID-19 rules and regulations, saying only businesses could be fined. DeSantis seemed to be mirroring the bizarre comments of President Donald Trump who promoted questionable theories about the damage caused by COVID. But now, with Trump days away from leaving office and seemingly disliked and mocked by those on both sides of the aisle due to his instigating the uprising at the Capitol, it appears local lawmakers are prepared to push Florida’s Republican Governor to let them run their own cities.
It’s unclear if DeSantis is open to a change of course. COVID-19 death and infection numbers are skyrocketing in Florida, and the Trump administration has been unable to supply the region with a reasonable amount of COVID-19 vaccine.
The administration’s handling of vaccine distribution is being called out by Republicans and Democrats alike.
The complete Delray Beach resolution is below. If you are reading in a news app, just click here.ResNo3621Urginghomeruleaut
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges