COVID Out Of Control In Florida, Numbers Skyrocketing. Palm Beach Pediatric Rate Still Rising.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports 102,443 new COVID-19 cases were added over the past seven days, with 19,211 being added on Thursday alone. In Florida 248 new deaths were also logged on Thursday, according to DOH numbers.
The positivity rate for tests logged on Thursday is 11.46 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 1,185 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Thursday with 10 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — for Thursday’s report — is 9.76 percent.
Statewide, 1,449,252 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 22,666.
In Palm Beach County, at least 90,058 people have tested positive. 1,943 have died.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate continues to rise. It’s now 13.1 percent. The Florida Department of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election