COVID Out Of Control In Florida, Numbers Skyrocketing. Palm Beach Pediatric Rate Still Rising.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports 102,443 new COVID-19 cases were added over the past seven days, with 19,211 being added on Thursday alone. In Florida 248 new deaths were also logged on Thursday, according to DOH numbers.
The positivity rate for tests logged on Thursday is 11.46 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 1,185 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Thursday with 10 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — for Thursday’s report — is 9.76 percent.
Statewide, 1,449,252 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 22,666.
In Palm Beach County, at least 90,058 people have tested positive. 1,943 have died.
The Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity Rate continues to rise. It’s now 13.1 percent. The Florida Department of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing