CLAIM: Student Injured When “Enlisted” To Play With Bigger Kids
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A student at Olympic Heights High School is suing the Palm Beach County School District after she was allegedly seriously injured in a flag football game in 2018.
The suit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, says the alleged victim “was injured when she was enlisted by the school staff to participate in a charity flag football game with students who were much larger than she while she was at the subject premises.”
According to the filing, the student “suffered bodily injury and the resulting pan and suffering disability, disfigurement, impairment of working ability, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings, loss of the ability to earn money in the future, aggravation of a previously existing condition, and Plaintiff has incurred medical expenses in the care and treatment of said injuries. The losses are either permanent or continuing in nature.”
Attorneys for the student say the School Board should have known that conditions at the school were dangerous, and that staff members employed by the Palm Beach County School District had a responsibility to prevent students from getting hurt.
The lawsuit seeks in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in circuit court. Lawsuits involving incidents in the Palm Beach County public school system are filed against the school board as a governing body.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?