West Boca Medical Center ICU Full. Again.
138 COVID-19 Deaths Logged Friday Statewide.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with what the State calls “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19” continues to rise.
There are 421 people hospitalized as of 9:32 a.m. Sunday, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. In Broward County, 625 people are hospitalized. In Miami-Dade, 1,083 are hospitalized.
The numbers are soaring as the stupidity of Christmas and New Year’s celebrants takes early hold. 15,121 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Friday and reported late Saturday. 138 deaths were logged on Friday as well.
In Palm Beach County, 952 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Friday and reported Saturday, with 12 new deaths.
The Sunday morning ICU count reveals 7 ICU beds in use at Bethesda West with 3 available. 25 ICU beds in use Wellington with 3 available. 16 ICU beds in use with NONE available. Delray Medical Center reports 38 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 23 ICU beds in use with 18 available.
Statewide, combining ICU and non-ICU beds and COVID and non-COVID patients: 48,154 hospital beds are in use with 13,491 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising