West Boca Medical Center ICU Full. Again.
138 COVID-19 Deaths Logged Friday Statewide.
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with what the State calls “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19” continues to rise.
There are 421 people hospitalized as of 9:32 a.m. Sunday, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. In Broward County, 625 people are hospitalized. In Miami-Dade, 1,083 are hospitalized.
The numbers are soaring as the stupidity of Christmas and New Year’s celebrants takes early hold. 15,121 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Friday and reported late Saturday. 138 deaths were logged on Friday as well.
In Palm Beach County, 952 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Friday and reported Saturday, with 12 new deaths.
The Sunday morning ICU count reveals 7 ICU beds in use at Bethesda West with 3 available. 25 ICU beds in use Wellington with 3 available. 16 ICU beds in use with NONE available. Delray Medical Center reports 38 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 23 ICU beds in use with 18 available.
Statewide, combining ICU and non-ICU beds and COVID and non-COVID patients: 48,154 hospital beds are in use with 13,491 available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH