Reader Captures Packed, Maskless Restaurant As COVID Cases, Deaths Surge
BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Saturday afternoon takeout visitor at Biergarten in Boca Raton (309 Via De Palmas) was astonished by what he or she saw when inside the restaurant.
A group of people, some ironically having just taken part in a funeral, were packed into the restaurant without masks. There was no social distancing.
While individuals still can not be fined or cited for mask violations in Florida due to an executive order from Gov. Ron DeSantis, restaurants certainly can.
Whether Palm Beach County’s COVID Education and Compliance Team will take action is unclear. The photos — and additional evidence obtained by BocaNewsNow.com — do suggest the violations are verifiable and that restaurant personnel looked on as patrons violated rules and guidelines.
If you see violations, contact the CECT at 561-24-COVID. Please also let us know by using the form, below. If you are reading in an app and the form does not appear, just click here.
427 people are hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County as of 9:16 a.m. Sunday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases