BY: ANDREW COLTON | EDITOR AND PUBLISHER
Copyright ©2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Photos sent to BocaNewsNow.com depict desks at Boca Raton Community Middle School that are nowhere near six feet apart — seemingly violating the school district’s own policy on the day that parents are required to determine whether their child will engage in distance learning — or in person education — for the rest of the school year.
BocaNewsNow.com has been contacted by parents with children in several area schools who are also reporting social distancing issues, but this photo is the first proof that we have received of an apparent issue. The photo, taken from a Google Meet, depicts desk close together.
There are a total of 1,392 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Palm Beach County School District — logged since “in person” learning became an option in mid-September. 14 of those cases are listed as “Boca Raton Community Middle.”
COVID-19 numbers are surging in Palm Beach County, where the Pediatric Positivity Rate — which includes all children 18 and under — is at a recent high of 13.2 percent as of Sunday’s report. The photo is unsettling to those who want to send their children back to school, but fear lax policies and procedures could result in significant spread.
We forwarded the photo to a school district spokesperson who did not immediately respond with an explanation.
What are you seeing in school? Please use this form to contact BocaNewsNow.com. If you are reading this in a news app, click here.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DISCRIMINATION? Fort Lauderdale Blocks Handicapped From Bathroom
- Person Dies In Boca Raton Crash, Victim Name Withheld By Police Claiming Marsy’s Law
- BOCA RUDETON: No, That’s Not A Parking Space In Front Of Publix
- Boca West Country Club Sues Homeowner Over Unpaid Dues
- Area Motorcyclist Crashes, Dies On Operating Room Table
- Women From Boca Raton, Delray Beach Victimized On St. Patrick’s Day
- MAJOR TRAFFIC INCIDENT: Turnpike Completely Shut In Area Of Hard Rock Stadium
- In Fort Lauderdale, Vegans More Important Than Handicapped, Elderly, Infirm
- UPDATE: SHOOTING VICTIM FOUND ON FLORIDA TURNPIKE IN BOCA RATON