BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District will almost assuredly pass the 1400 COVID case mark today. The school system reports 1391 cases as of 5:15 a.m.
The number is cumulative from mid-September when “brick and mortar” education restarted for some. Roughly 60 percent of the school district’s 180,000 students continue to learn remotely.
Among the area schools with the highest COVID counts:
Boca Raton Community High School: 32 cases.
Boca Raton Community Middle: 14 cases.
Calusa Elementary: 23 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 22 cases.
Olympic Heights Community High: 14 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts: 14 cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary: 16 cases.
Verde K-8: 11 cases.
Waters Edge Elementary: 11 cases.
West Boca Community High: 10 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 13 cases.
Of all the cases in the Palm Beach County School District, 772 are reported as student infections, 619 are employee infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge