BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District will almost assuredly pass the 1400 COVID case mark today. The school system reports 1391 cases as of 5:15 a.m.
The number is cumulative from mid-September when “brick and mortar” education restarted for some. Roughly 60 percent of the school district’s 180,000 students continue to learn remotely.
Among the area schools with the highest COVID counts:
Boca Raton Community High School: 32 cases.
Boca Raton Community Middle: 14 cases.
Calusa Elementary: 23 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 22 cases.
Olympic Heights Community High: 14 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts: 14 cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary: 16 cases.
Verde K-8: 11 cases.
Waters Edge Elementary: 11 cases.
West Boca Community High: 10 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 13 cases.
Of all the cases in the Palm Beach County School District, 772 are reported as student infections, 619 are employee infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates