BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District will almost assuredly pass the 1400 COVID case mark today. The school system reports 1391 cases as of 5:15 a.m.
The number is cumulative from mid-September when “brick and mortar” education restarted for some. Roughly 60 percent of the school district’s 180,000 students continue to learn remotely.
Among the area schools with the highest COVID counts:
Boca Raton Community High School: 32 cases.
Boca Raton Community Middle: 14 cases.
Calusa Elementary: 23 cases.
Don Estridge High Tech Middle: 22 cases.
Olympic Heights Community High: 14 cases.
Plumosa School of the Arts: 14 cases.
Sunset Palms Elementary: 16 cases.
Verde K-8: 11 cases.
Waters Edge Elementary: 11 cases.
West Boca Community High: 10 cases.
Whispering Pines Elementary: 13 cases.
Of all the cases in the Palm Beach County School District, 772 are reported as student infections, 619 are employee infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising