BY: STAFF REPORT
Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media LLC
News App Readers Click Here For Full Story
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID situation in Palm Beach County again appears to be worsening. Early Tuesday morning data from the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reveals a growing number of local patients so sick with COVID that they are hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, 436 people are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” according the state. In Broward County, 642 people are hospitalized. In Miami-Dade, 1,105 are hospitalized.
In South Palm Beach County, West Boca Medical Center reports 20 ICU beds in use with none available. Delray Medical Center reports 38 ICU beds in use with 14 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with 2 available. Bethesda West report 6 ICU beds in use with 4 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 25 ICU beds in use with 16 available.
Statewide: 7,648 people are hospitalized in Florida with a COVID-19 diagnosis. 4,980 ICU beds are in use for COVID and non-COVID-19 patients, with 1,191 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge